Our skin as well as scalp shred thousands of cell per minute. Small amount of flaking by scalp because of dead skin cell is normal. Excessive use of shampoo also make scalp more dry causing more dead cell. But this is normal dry scalp and can be treated easily.
Some people experience an unusually large amount of flaking chronically or as a result of certain triggers. This may also cause redness and irritation. This situation is called dandruff and is very common scalp disorder effecting half of the population. It fluctuate with weather also, it get worst in winter. There is no true cure which work 100% for every one. But it can be controlled by specialized shampoos, conditioners, serum and natural remedies.
In this article I will show some natural remedies for eliminating dandruff.
Vinegar a very common kitchen item is amazing product not only for making food but also for skin and hair. Its made up of acetic acid and water. Its widely used in industrial, medical and domestic area and also has become a vital ingredient in skin and hair care products. Applying vinegar to scalp can eliminate dandruff problem.
How to apply:
- Mix 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup of water.
- Pour the mixture in to spray bottle.
- Spray generously on head.
- Wrap with a towel.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and washout.
- Continuous use can solve the problem forever.
Lemon is well known natural remedy for hair. Drinking lemon juice as well as applying directly benefit hair.
How to apply:
There are many ways you can apply lemon to hair.
- Pure lemon juice contain citric acid so always mix with water before applying. Mix 1-2 table spoon of lemon juice in a cup of water.
- After shampoo we rinse off hair 2-3 times. During final rinse also add lemon juice. It will give a prominent shine to your hair as well as remove dandruff.
- Another method is soaking hair in lemon juice. It will remove dandruff as well as built up material like shampoo or styling products that make hair heavy.
Tea Tree Oil:
Pure tea tree oil is best natural healing agent or antiseptic. It is very effective against fungus, bacteria and viruses and can help with many problems including dandruff.
- Massaging tea tree oil directly over scalp on regular basis is an effective solution to many scalp problems specifically dandruff. It should be applied twice a week for 20 to 30 minutes before shampoo.
- You an also use tea tree oil by adding a few drops in regular shampoo (same amount that you use every time). Apply it to your hair and scalp and leave for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse off normally.
- Another way of using tea tree oil is, mix one tablespoon of tree tea oil with one cup of warm water and pour in spray bottle. After regular shampoo spray the mixture all over your hair, massage and leave it to dry.
Olive oil is a best known moisturizer so it can cure dryness. It possess healing properties that keep scalp healthy and prevent dandruff.
How to use:
- Slightly warm up olive oil.
- Massage your scalp with this warm olive oil. Use wide tooth comb for even spread in scalp and hair.
- Wrap your head using towel.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash out properly.