There are many solution to this problem like makeup, expensive creams, medication etc but I believe one should always start treating the problem from home. Why run after doctors and skin specialist or ruining money after expensive treatments and creams when there are simple solutions at home. Always try some thing simple harmless and if you don't get desirable result then of course you can use other options.
In this article I will share some very common, economical and yet effective ways of treating dark circles.
Water is nature's blessing, its extremely soothing, relaxes body and mind, releases tension and works best for healing dark circles. Drink at least 8 to 10 glass of water every day. It promotes blood circulation and prevent blood accumulation which is also one of the causes of dark circles.
Sleep is very essential for human health and well being. Lack of sleep destroys beauty, causes dark circles, makes skin pale, reduces blood circulation, leads to weight loss and serious health problems. Get a minimum of 7 to 9 hours of night sleep daily. There are many surveys and reports that you can study online which stats after experiments that night sleep is more beneficial for body then day sleep.
Eating habits effects the whole appearance of a person. If you want beautiful healthy face free of dark circles eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. The most commonly vegetable known for curing eye circles are cabbage, spinach and all leafy green vegetables. Salt causes blood vessels under the skin to appear blue so reduce the amount of salt you take daily to minimum.
Apply Raw Potato or Cucumber:
Lay down straight on a comfortable place and close your eyes. Cover your eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a suitable lotion or cream.
Apply homemade juices/pastes:
There are a huge variety of juices that you ca easily make at home that can work wonder of removing dark circles around eyes. Some of them are listed below:
- Apply pure fresh lemon juice on the black circles 2 to 3 times a day.
- Squeeze a cucumber and take out its juice and rest it in fridge. Make a mixture of lemon juice, lanolin cream and cucumber juice and apply around the eye for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix turmeric powder with pineapple juice and make a paste. Apply this paste on dark circles under the eyes.
- Applying crushed mint around the eye reduces dark circles.
- Regular application of orange juice mixed with glycerin is an effective way to get rid of dark circles. Besides removing your dark circles it will also provide your skin an inner glow and will make it smoother and softer.
- Egg is a wonderful natural ingredient that tighten the skin and helps reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Mix one egg white with 3-5 drops of lemon juice. Saturate two clean cotton balls in the mixture, squeeze excess liquid out before placing over the eyes. Leave it for ten minutes. Wash off with warm water then rinse with cold.
- One of the most effective and common remedies for dark circles is tomato paste. Take one or two fresh tomatoes, one tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of gram flour and turmeric powder. Blend these ingredients completely until they become a thick paste and apply it very gently around your eyes. Rinse it off with clean water after 10 or 20 minutes. Apply it 3 to 4 times a week. It will make your skin tone around your eyes lighter and will eventually make your dark circles go away completely.
Almond helps to remove dark circles and is an excellent food for skin. Apply almond oil daily around eyes for 10 minutes. It will reduce dark circles.
The tannin in the tea reduces swelling and light up the tone of dark circles caused by lack of sleep. The moisture from the bags is absorbed into the eyes which hydrates them. Use green tea or black tea. Brew the tea bags as you would normally and place them in the refrigerator. Lie down and place a tea bag over each eye and leave in place for about 15 minutes.
Always remember to remove the cream applied around the eye after 10 min. No cream should be left on the skin around the eyes for long periods.