One advantage is that it not prone much to aging and wrinkles.
In my earlier article i have shown basic skin routine for every skin type which include four steps
- Removing dead cells/skin
Here I will show u some extra steps best for your own skin type i.e. oily skin...
Step #1. Cleansing for oily skin:
Cleansing is a must step for every skin because no matter what you do you can't keep your skin away from dust, harmful sun rays, wind and even stress. When a person is under stress his/her oil producing glands become more active , produce more oil and make your skin look dull and dark. That why when you wash you face it refresh your skin as well as release stress to some extent.
If you already have oily skin then it become hard to keep skin dry and fresh. But with some extra care you can improve your skin and with regular care you can make it perfect.
Steps for cleansing of oily skin includes:
- Cleansing for oily skin should be performed two to three times per day. Skin specialist believes that the best timings for oily skin is to cleanse are both morning and night, whereas wash your face with cool(not cold) water as many time per day as possible.
- Always use a gentle cleanser because harsh soaps can break the skin and can also trigger the skin to increase oil production.
- If a basic facial cleanser is not enough to remove the oil, you can use a product that includes an acid such as benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, beta-hydroxy acid or salicylic acid. Products containing these acids are usually known as acne facial care products. They are best for acne, also works wonder with oily skin. Some of these ingredients can be irritating so try on small portion of your skin before full usage. You might have to try many products before getting the desire result.
- Wash with warm water, not hot, because temperature extremes can demage skin.
- Clean your face with a suitable light cleanser.
- Apply using finger tips in circular motion.
- Massage for two minutes
- Wash out properly
- Dry out using soft towel
- Take a cotton bud or soft tissue dip in rose water and apply to your face thoroughly, it will refresh your face. Regular use will give a rosy complexion and a glow to your skin.
- Don't use anything like towel or tissue for drying rose water. Leave it to dry itself.
- This will complete your cleansing process.
- An astringent for cleansing before makeup can reduces oil from your face. Avoid milk totally not recommended for oily skin.
Step #2. Exfoliating Oily skin:
Removing dead skin also known as exfoliation process is important for keeping skin healthy and its the best way of giving younger look to oily skin. Its seems artificial or harmful but its totally natural process as many people don't know our skin shred thousands of cells per minute. Manually removing dead cell only enhance that process and end up giving you a glowing look.
Oily skin usually has large pores and blemishes. There are many things that cause oily skin, including heredity, hormones, cosmetics, diet, and medications. Keep following things in mind for exfoliating oily skin...
- For very oily skin exfoliation can be performed every 2nd day.
- Two to three times a week for lighter oily skin.
- It's important to use a gentle face scrub. Harsh scrubs can leave your skin feeling flaky, broken or red.
- To remove dead skin use pleasant cool water to splash face and then apply scrub.
- Best scrubs for oily skin includes Clean n Clear, Farmasi or Neutrogena scrubs or exfoliating tool such as soft gloves to rub gently in circular motion, don't press too hard.
- Rinse off your face thoroughly and move to the next step.
- Use oil-free moisturizer that contains an antiseptic after exfoliation only if that suits you.
Step #3. Toning for oil skin:
Rose water that I have mentioned in cleansing also work as best toner if u feel that's enough for refreshing and cleaning your skin you can skip this part. You can apply rose water as many time as you feel it wont give any side effect....Where as for giving an extra glow and protection to your face you can always get a light toner such as Neutrogena or Pro Active toner. It never gives any side effect for any skin type.
- Apply toner right after cleansing.
- But it can be also be applied any other time of the day as well.
- It best to use toner two to three times a day.
- Apply using cotton bud or soft facial tissue for even spread.
- Rose water and cucumber juice are the best toner for oily skin.
- Again leave to dry off naturally.
Step #4. Moisturizing for oily skin:
Moisturizing is the very important step for oily. If skin is fully moisturized pores will not collect dust hence black heads and open pores will not be created.
- Apply two times a day followed by toner.
- Use lightweight and oil free moisturizers.
- Avoid creamy, greasy or thick creams. light lotions like baby lotion, ponds, dove etc are best for oly skin.
- There are plenty of moisturizer out there for every skin type just try again and again and find the best one for you.
- PURE aloe vera gel is the best moisturizer for oily skin, apply in the morning regularly and feel the difference. It rebalances and hydrates oily skin while leaving a healthy matte finish which is also ideal under makeup.
- PURE jojoba oil, pure extra virgin olive oil, pure almond oil, vitamin e oil etc can be used at night time all are good for oily skin.
Oily Skin care before Sleeping:
Adopt following steps before sleeping if you have oily skin.
- Wash your face two to three times for softening your skin.
- Use cleansing product only if your skin feels dusty or oily.
- Dry out with soft towel.
- Now wash with pleasant cool water for 5 times.
- Dry out again.
- Apply rose water.
- Apply moisturizer. Let your skin absorb it. Remove extra with tissue and have nice beauty sleep.